Sunday, November 4, 2012

Paris...

Paris...

I have sat here now for almost 20 minutes thinking of what to write. I'm still digesting Paris and what it means to be here, so a more comprehensive explanation of my trip will come later. But I wanted to write a post while I was still in Paris so I could truly sign off with "From Paris with love."

Here are some quick highlights:
~a fantastic cache-cache experience with new friends, where God told me to simply embrace the joie de vivre that I have been experiencing all weekend. (Learn more about cache-cache here http://cachecache-experience.com/)
~seeing the hidden art galleries, and "off the beaten trail" roads in Marais during cache-cache
~seeing the sunset over the city and behind the Eiffel Tower (see my facebook page)
~watching the Eiffel Tower twinkle on my first night here
~walking along the Seine
~mastering the use of the Paris Metro
~worshiping this morning at Hillsong Paris church. The bilingual experience was very cool and Reueben Morgan happened to be visiting this week and helped lead worship. I have never attended a church with such expectation in it's service. I could, and might, write a whole blog about this service, because it touched me spiritually, but also the logistical stuff was just cool too.
~visiting the Sacre-Coeur at night. There were beautiful views overlooking the city outside and then I listened to the end of mass and prayed inside.


Overall, I'm amazing at the sheer size and grandeur of everything. I haven't really gotten the chance to visit the inside of places (some will happen tomorrow) and I'm not doing museums this trip since I get an educational pass from my school's secretary and get in for free. But everything is so big!!! I've seen pictures of Notre-Dame and the Louvre for years and I knew they were big, but I am still just continually overwhelmed by the grandeur and size of these old buildings. And the size of the city in general. What looks like a 5 minute walk on the map is probably closer to 10 or 15.

I have another day and half here and it will be loaded with stuff, including seeing the inside of Notre-Dame and finally doing close-ups of the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tour. I must "profiter de" Paris.

From Paris with love :)

1 comment:

  1. You make me homesick for Paris! The twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower and the view from Sacre Coure in the evening...I remember them fondly. I want to hear all of your stories when you return and I will actually LOVE to see your vacation pictures.

    ReplyDelete